Today, the Immigrant Legal Resource Center released Money on the Table – the Economic Costs of Ending DACA. President-elect Trump has threatened to end the successful Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program at tremendous cost to the American economy.
This report finds that ending DACA could:
• reduce tax contributions to Social Security and Medicare by $24.6 billion over a decade;
• incur unnecessary turnover costs to employers at the tune of $3.4 billion; and
• lead to the immediate job loss of over 645,000 DACA beneficiaries.
We need your help to save DACA. Take ACTION by:
1. Reading and sharing the report with your friends and colleagues: https://www.ilrc.org/report-daca-economic-cost
2. Share the image pictured below of the report’s findings on Facebook and Twitter
3. Tweet in support of #DACA